Are you thinking about transitioning from relaxed hair to natural hair? Although the process sounds like it will take more out of you than you think, it is usually always worth the wait. The process takes about 12 months. There are several ways to take this passage without getting a lot of hair breakage or frustration in the process. The results will be gorgeous, healthy, beautiful hair. To begin, here are a few tips to start the process:
* Consult with a professional stylist to determine the best treatment plan
* Ask yourself this question: Am I sure that I want to become chemical free? Is it for color, scalp irritation or do I just want a new look?
* Throughout the process, keep your scalp and ends moisturized with a hair cream.
* Keep your hair trimmed every 4-6 weeks; split ends cannot be repaired’
AGAIN, I strongly suggest that you consult with a licensed professional stylist who will be able to give you the best advice for your transition.
Check out these styles you can wear to help keep you looking neat, polished and stylish:
* Curly, flexi rods or two strand twist
* Weekly or bi-weekly press and style
I have personally transitioned a lot of my clients. The success of your transition depends on your consistency with the process. YOU CAN DO IT!