If you work out regularly, prepping your short hair prior to your work-outs can always help. Here’s how to maintain step by step:
- Tie your sides down with a scarf or wrap (especially if you sweat a lot in your hair)
- Once you finish working out, let your hair air dry, take a little foam and put it in the area that is sticking up and smooth the area back down with a comb.
- Tie strips around to smooth back in place.
- Let your product air dry, or if you have a hooded dryer, sit under it for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Take strips off and apply moisturizing products on your hair.
- Always emulsify or blend products in the palm of your hand before applying to your hair. This allows you to have product control.
FYI: Most short hair styles are relaxed, but I have a few clients that wear their hair natural on top and relaxed on the sides to keep it smooth and polished.